Hey guys! There are two recipes I will be posting in this one post. Paneer Lajawab is delicious and creamy and can be served individually with just paratha. I have paired it with vegetable pulao which I have made it in cooker. You can serve the pulao with raita also. Both the recipes are absolutely delicious and can be made indiviadually also. So lets get cooking….
Paneer/Cottage Cheese- 500 grams
Tomato (Roughly chopped) – 5 large
Onions (Roughly Chopped) – 3 large
Garlic – 7-8 pods
Ginger – 1 inch
Cashew Nuts – 4-5
Watermelon Seeds/Magajtari Seeds – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli (Slit) – 1 piece
Onion Diced – 2 medium
Capsicum Diced – 1 large
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Cumin-Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Cream/Malai – 1/4 cup
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Tej Patta/Bay Leaf – 1 piece
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
1) In a pan take the roughly chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic pods, cashew nuts, watermelon seeds. Add water in the pan so that the tomatoes and onions are totally immersed. Let this mixture boil till the tomatoes and onions are totally cooked and the water completely evaporates. Let this cool down. Once cool grind it in a mixture into a smooth paste.
2) Take a wok. Add the butter. In this add the Tej Patta, garlic paste and slit green chilly. Now add the diced tomato and diced onion and saute for a few sconds. Now add the above prepared paste to this.
3) Add the kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala and salt and mix it well. Let it cook till the butter startes to float on top. Now add the tomato ketchup and cream and mix it well. At this stage add a little water (approx 1/4 cup).
4) Chop the panner into cubes. Add the paneer in this gravy. Cover the wok and let it cook for a minute or so on low flame. Finally add the kasuri methi and coriander leaves and mix it all well. Serve hot with paratha.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Finely chopped Onions – 2 large
Finely chopped Tomatoes – 2 large
Finely chopped Capsicum – 1 large
Chopped potato – 1 large
Chopped French Beans – 1/2 cup
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Chopped Carrots – 1/2 cup
Ginger-Green chilly paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin-Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
Biryani/Pulao Masala – 1 tbsp
Green Cardamom – 2 pieces
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cloves/ Laung – 2-3 pieces
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Mari/ Whole Black Pepper – 3-4 pieces
Salt as per taste
Ghee/Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Water – for soaking
Water – 2 cups
1) Wash and soak the basmati rice for an hour in enough water.
2) In the cooker add the ghee. To this add the asafoetida, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, whole black pepper and green cardamom. Now add the ginger-green chilly paste to this and saute for few seconds.
3) Now add the onions and saute till it is translucent. Then add the tomatoes. To this add the haldi powder, cumin-coriander powder, red chilly powder, biryani/pulao masala and salt. Let it cook till mushy.
4) To this add the chopped potato, carrots and french beans, green peas and mix it well. Now strain the soaked rice and add the rice to this. Add the 2 cups of water. Pressure cook the rice for 2-3 whistles only. Once the cooker cools down open and serve the pulao with raita.