Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today is that of an appetizer. It is delicious and cheesy and will be loved by all age groups. I have made this recipe as a fusion, the filling is paneer filling with different sauces as base. So lets get cooking…
Oil – 1 tbsp
Hing/Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Cottage cheese/Paneer (grated)- 200 grams
Processed cheese – 1 and 1/2 cup(grated)
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 medium
Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2 small
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 medium
Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1 cup
Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Green chilly paste – 2 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Haldi/Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Cumin-Coriander powder/ Dhania Jeera powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Pav bhaji masala powder – 1 tsp
Amchur powder – 1 tsp
Chat masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
Mint mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
Pizza sauce – 1/2 cup
Thousand Island Sauce – 2 tbsp
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Maida/Refined flour – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Ghee and flour for making paratha.
Butter for greasing the parathas
1) In a wok add the oil. Let it become little warm then add the hing. To this add the finely chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, cabbage and on high flame saute it all for 5 minutes (do not over cook it keep it crunchy). To this add the ginger-garlic-green chilly paste, haldi, dhania jeera powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder, pav bhaji masala powder, amchur powder and mix it all. Now take it off the gas.
2) Now add the grated paneer, coriander leaves, salt and chat masala powder to this and mix it all well. Keep it aside till it comes to room temperature. Once it has cooled down, add one cup grated cheese to it and mix well. Cover and keep aside.
Mix all the sauces together and keep aside.
Mix both the flours and salt. To this add the oil and mix it well. Now using water knead into a soft dough. Brush some oil on top and cover and keep aside to rest for 10 minutes.
1) Make small round balls from the dough prepared above, depending on the sixe of paratha and thickness you want.
2) Roll the balls into small discs. Apply/brush around 1 tsp ghee on top and sprinkle little flour. Now lift the edge of the paratha and make layers as shown in the picture below:
3) Now roll the layers and press it slightly.
4) Apply some flour and roll the above formed layered ball into a semi thick disc.
5) Take a non stick pan and semi cook all the parathas from both sides and keep aside.
6) In the same non stick tawa brush some butter and cook one side of the above prepared parathas completely. Turn it and again apply butter on the lower side. The side which is cooked should be on top. To this apply the prepared sauce. Then add a generous quantity on the filling on half of the side. Top it with grated cheese. Cover with other side and press it slightly. Let it cook for few seconds and take of the flame. Serve hot.
This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.
Leave a Reply