Hey all!! The recipe I am posting today is a starter which can be served for your kitty party and if guests are coming, this recipe can be served as an appetizer. You can make the triangles and keep it in the fridge before hand and fry them when the guests arrive and serve hot. These triangles can be made maximum 6-7 hours before and keep in fridge. You have to serve these hot and always fry on medium to low flame to make the outer part crispy, otherwise due to the cheese it it will become soggy. The recipe itself is very simple to make and hassle free. So lets get cooking..
For triangle dough:
Maida/All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water for kneading
Boiled and grated potatoes – 5 large
Grated carrot – 1 cup
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Chilli flakes – 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Green chilli (finely chopped) – 3 chillies
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Cheese slices – 10 slices
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
1) In a bowl sieve all th flours together and add the salt. Add the 2 tbsp oil and mix it well in the flour. Knead into a semi hard dough. Cover with 1 tsp oil and keep aside covered with a cloth or plate to rest for 15 minutes.
2) After 15 minutes make small balls out of the dough ( approximately 10 balls). Now roll these balls into discs/rotis and keep aside.
In a bowl mash together the grated potatoes and carrot. In this add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, chilli flakes, lemon juice, black pepper powder and salt and mix it well.
For making the triangles:
1) Take the rolled out rotis and place one cheese slice in between. Cut in the shape of the cheese slices, leaving little space from sides into square shape.
2) Let the cheese slice be in the square as cut. Add the stuffing prepared diagonally in between. Take both the edges diagonally and press and seal from all sides using water making it into a triangle shape. Using a fork seal the sides further. Prepare all triangles this way and keep it in fridge for atleast half an hour and let it set.
3) In a wok, take oil and let it become warm on medium flame. Do not make it too hot. Once a warm check the temperature of the oil by dropping in a little dough. If it comes up immediately the oil is ready. Now take out the triangles from the fridge and fry the triangles, on low flame, till golden brown from the outside. Serve hot with ketchup.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
Leave a Reply