Hey all!! So we all have been packed in our respective homes due to lockdown, It is a very testing time and the tempers at home always running high we do not know when this time will come to an end and when we shall get back to our daily routines. With summers in India it is very hot and demands come for ice cream with all the shops also shut down and supplies low we have all become handicapped and therefore I decided to make this famous roasted almond ice cream at home which can be made with very few ingredients. It is so tasty it got licked to the box. Make it at home and devour it.
Milk – 1 liter
Cream (Amul fresh cream) or home malai – 5 tbsp
Sugar – 10 tbsp
Coffee Powder – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Almonds – 1 cup
1) In a pan roast the almonds till they are little hard and brown from top. Let it cool completely and semi crush in a blender.
2) In a thick bottomed pan take the milk and let it come to one boil. Then add the sugar and let it boil till it becomes little thick (approximately around 15 minutes). Let it become cool and then pour it in a box and freeze it for 5-6 hours.
3) After 6 hours take out the box and un-mould the ice cream into a vessel. Churn the ice cream using a hand blender or a whipper till it becomes creamy and thick. Then add the cream/malai and vanilla essence and churn it again. It will become thicker, creamier and the volume will increase.
4) Finally add the crushed roasted almonds keeping little of it aside. Pour it in a ice cream box and add the rest of the roasted almond on the top and keep it to freeze for 8-10 hours.
5) Eat with brownie or just plain.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/