Hello!! With the advent of winters we start craving for warm and comfort food like soups, hot coco, hot tea or hot coffee. My favorite is piping hot soups. There is no soup as tasty as creamy broccoli soup served with some zucchini noodles. I love the smooth and creamy texture of this soup and it is a meal in itself. A bowl full of this soup will touch your soul. Broccoli is available in abundant in winters and I use it in all my recipes even in pulao and sandwiches, a soup is classic winter recipe and to add to the appeal I have added a few chopped nuts to this soup to give it a crunch. The soup is very simple to make mostly blending and boiling. The ingredients used are easily available in the market. Lets get cooking this delicious soup….
Broccoli – 200 grams
Zucchini – 2 long ones
Capsicum – 1 medium
Ginger (chopped) – 1 inch
Garlic (chopped) – 4-5 cloves
Black Pepper (whole) – 6-7
Cream – 2 tbsp
Nuts (finely chopped) (Walnuts, almonds and Pistachios) – 4-5 tbsp
Water – 1-2 cups (approx)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper powder for seasoning
1) In a wok take the oil and let it become warm in this add the ginger, garlic, chopped broccoli and 1 chopped zucchini and add the water. Cover and let it boil on medium flame till broccoli and zucchini become tender.
2) Meanwhile, de-seed the capsicum and char/lightly burn it lightly on the gas flame (low flame) directly from inside and out till it becomes bit burnt. Keep it aside.
3) In a mixture jar take the burnt capsicum, black pepper and cream and churn it into a paste. Then churn the boiled ginger, garlic, broccoli and zucchini into a gravy/paste.
4) In the same wok as taken previously add the capsicum and broccoli paste as prepared above and add 1 cup water to this and let it boil for few seconds.
5) Prepare zucchini noodles out of the other one zucchini which we did not use using the peeler and season it with pinch of salt and pepper powder. Finally add chopped nuts and zucchini noodles to the soup and serve hot.