Hey guys!! How is everyone? The recipe I am posting today is a classic dessert combination of custard and jelly. Since my childhood I have loved having this dessert specially the jelly part but then again who does not love jelly. It has many memories for me. I would request my mom on every weekend for custard and jelly. However I have made few tweaks in my recipe now as I prepare it myself but for me the one prepared by my mom with the sweetness of her love will always be my favorite. It is very simple and easy to make this dessert and with just simple ingredients. Make this and keep it in your fridge even for just half and hour before the guests arrive and serve it chilled.
Custard Powder (Vanilla flavor) – 3 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Chocolate (Chopped)- 2 tbsp
Biscuits (Crumbled) (Parle-G) – 1/4 cup
Strawberry Jelly (ready packet) – 100 gms
Boiled water- 2 cups
1) In a bowl mix the contents of the ready jelly packet available in the market of any brand.
2) Now add the boiling water to the jelly crystals and mix well till no lumps and pour these in the glasses/bowls of choice or in any container and set it in fridge for half an hour.
1) In a pan take the 1 1/2 cups milk and let it come to one boil. Till then in another bowl take 1/2 cup of milk and mix the custard powder in it till no lumps.
2) Mix this custard paste into the boiling milk properly. The milk thickens immediately. Switch off the gas and add the chocolate pieces and biscuit crumble and mix well.
3) Pour the custard in the glass above the jelly and keep to set again for 15 mins.
4) Garnish with jelly pieces, chocolate and biscuit crumble. Serve chilled.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/