Hey all!! This is the first time I have tried making these braids and I am very happy they turned out really great. It is very easy to make these braids and I am in love this shape. I have stuffed the braids with yummy filling. So here is the recipe for the braids and hope you all also love it!!!
Maida/All purpose flour- 1 cup
Wheat flour- 1 cup
Instant dry active yeast- 1 1/4 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Oregano- 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes- 1 tbsp
Garlic powder- 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Warm Water- 3/4 cup
For the Filling:
Grated Paneer/Cottage cheese – 1/2 cup
Oregano- 2 tbsp
Chilli Flakes- 2 tbsp
Processed Cheese/Mozerella (grated) – 1/2 cup
For the garlic butter:
Garlic (finely chopped)- 2 tbsp
Olive Oil or butter (at room temperature)- 1/2 cup
Oregano- 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes- 1 tsp
Black sesame seeds – 2 tsp
White sesame seeds- 2 tsp
For the dough:
1. In a mixing bowl mix the maida/all purpose flour, wheat flour, garlic powder, chilli flakes, oregano and salt.
2. In lukewarm water add the yeast and sugar and give it a stir. Cover and keep aside for 10 mins. The water should be lukewarm i.e. not too hot now cold. You should be able to put your finger in the water comfortably it should not sting.
3. After 10 mins check the yeast it will be bubbling. If the yeast is not bubbling then throw away an start again as the yeast has died.
4. Add the yeast activated water to the flour mixture as in step 1 and knead a soft dough and keep kneading for 5-10 mins. The dough will feel sticky but will be manageable. It should be soft. Knead the dough using your fingertips. Add 2-3 tsp of oil and cover the dough. Keep this dough aside to let it rest for at least an hour in a warm place. Do not disturb the dough at this stage.
5. After an hour the dough will be ready it will have increased in volume. Punch the dough lightly and knead again for 10-15 mins. Knead by adding oil on your palm and knead till it stops sticking.
6. Make three rolls out of the dough and keep aside covered with cloth for 10 mins.
For the Garlic Butter:
1. In a bowl mix the olive oil/butter, garlic, oregano and chilli flakes and keep aside for use.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and keep aside.
1. After an 10-15 mins check the rolls. It should have risen.
2. On the platform sprinkle some maida/all purpose flour. Take one ball of the dough and roll it into a circle of around 8 inches.
3. Take the rolled out base and add around 1 1/2 tbsp of the stuffing on the base. Press the stuffing to stick on the base using your finger. Now roll the base tightly and seal both the ends well.
4. Similarly prepare the other two balls also. Now take the three sticks as prepared and stick them together on one end.
5. Now take the right braid and and place it across the middle one and take the left one and place it across the right one.
6. Now take the middle one and place it across the left one and make the entire braid this way and stick the ends together.
7. Apply garlic butter on the outer surface generously and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Place in on a greased baking tray.
8. Bake at 190 degree Celsius for 20 Mins and serve with dip of choice.