Hi!! Sorry guys for a long break. I took a break from many things and am back in the new year with new recipes. Everyone needs a break and I desperately needed one but now am back and what better start than ice cream. A chocolate ice cream is my go to ice cream when I need solace. Those who have been following my blog know that I am a huge fan of chocolate recipes. I had recently invited few guests at my house for house warming party and tried his ice cream recipe the positive feed backs encouraged me to post this as my first recipe for this new year. So here is welcoming 2019 with some yummy ice cream.
Just a few pointers: Use heavy bottom pan for cooking the milk. Beat the set ice cream using a beater or Boss Blender and beat till the volume doubles and the texture is completely creamy. There should be no ice particles left once you beat it. The Volume will double at this stage. I use heavy/non dairy whipping cream used for icing the cakes or other desserts. Always set the ice cream in aluminium ice cream box or tupperware box. Do not set in steel as steel will form ice easily.
Full Fat Milk- 1/2 Liter
Milk- Half cup (for mixing)
Sugar- 10 tbsp
Milk Powder- 3 Tbsp
Cornflour/Corn Starch- 2 Tbsp
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence- 4-5 drops
Powdered Chocolate – 1/2 cup
(I have used the dark chocolate slab. Grind it in mixture. It should be semi grind not complete powder)
Coco Powder – 2 tbsp
Non Dairy Heavy Whipping cream- 2 cups
1) Take the milk in a heavy bottom deep vessel and let it boil on low flame. Stir the milk once or twice so that it does not burn.
2) When the milk comes to one boil add the sugar and milkmaid and stir the milk.
3) Mix the cornflour and milk powder in half cup of milk and mix well. There should be no lumps.
4) Now add this cornflour, milk powder and milk mixture to the boiling milk and stir well. The flame should be on low constantly.
5) Let the milk boil for 10 minutes. After ten minutes the consistency of the milk will change. It will become thick.
6) Do not over boil the milk or else the ice cream will feel chewy. The milk should be boiled only to become little thick the volume will remain the same.
7) Switch off the gas and let the milk come to room temperature.
8) Now set the milk in ice cream container for at least 7 to 8 hours in the freezer.
9) After 8 Hours take the set ice cream in a vessel of choice and churn it using beater or blender till the ice particles have completely melted. Now add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla essence and churn it again for at least 15-20 minutes the volume will double and the texture will become smooth and creamy. Now add the coco powder and powdered chocolate and mix well.
(The beating process is very important do not hurry this process and beat it till 15-20 minutes. Half liter milk will double in volume giving you 1 1/2 liter ice cream. The texture will become smooth and creamy and all the ice particles will melt.)
10) Now set this ice cream again in ice cream container for 9-10 hours.
11) After 9-10 hours the ice cream is all set to be served.