Hey guys…Chinese is my favorite cuisine. Schezwan Chutney/Sauce is something that is used in my house for many cuisines. I use it on dosa/pancakes, pizza, sandwich and of course Chinese. I make this chutney/sauce and store it for further use. Using the recipe below you can store this chutney/sauce for upto 2 months and use it for several cuisines as desired. Always store this in an airtight container and in the freezer section. When you want to use it take it out before half an hour remove how much required and keep the rest back in freezer.
Ginger finely chopped- 1 tbsp
Garlic finely chopped- 1/4 cup
Whole Dry Red Chilli (Kashmiri preferable)- 200 grams
Spring Onion (White Part) finely chopped- 1/4 cup
Oil- 1/4 cup
Soya Sauce- 2 tsp
Tomato Sauce- 1 tbsp
Vinegar- 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1 tsp
Salt – 1 and 1/2 tsp
1) De-seed the red chilies and chop the ends. Soak them in lukewarm water for 15 mins. After 15 mins grind them to paste.
2) In a pan take the oil and let it become warm. Now add the ginger and garlic and let it cook for 5 mins. Take care not to burn it.
3) Add the onion and saute for 5 mins till it turns translucent. Now add the red chili paste as made in step No.1 and let it cook for 10 mins.
4) Now add the soya sauce, tomato sauce, sugar and salt and let it cook for another 10 mins. Add some water if required (not more than half a cup).
5) The oil will start to float on top once cooked completely. This will take around 15 to 20 mins in all.
6) Add the vinegar in the last and mix well. Let the chutney/sauce cool down to room temperature. Once cooled down store in an airtight container and use as desired.
Leave a Reply