Hey…Today’s post holds a special memory. I had just started experimenting with my cooking skills when my husband (then my fiancee) made a request for this soup. He had tasted this soup in some restaurant when he had been out with his friends. I took up the challenge and after a few trial and errors I finally called him to taste my soup. His comment was “it tastes just like the restaurant soup” was enough for boosting my confidence. Since then this soup has become a part of our many evening dinners. We both love the creamy taste of this soup. It is healthy tasty and very easy to make. Palak/Spinach always reminded me of “Popeye” it was a cartoon that we used to watch when we were kids. It inspired us to eat spinach/palak to become strong. Spinach is very healthy vegetable and contains lots of fiber. So make this healthy soup today and incorporate it in your lifestyle.
Oil- 1 tbsp
Palak/Spinach roughly chopped- 500 gms
Ginger,Garlic roughly chopped- 1 tbsp
Green Chilli roughly chopped – 2 pieces
Onion (roughly chopped)- 1 small size
Cream- 1/4 cup
Water as required
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper- 1/2 tsp
Milk – 4 tbsp
1) In a pan add oil and let it become bit warm. Now add the ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute for 2 mins (do not over cook it should not burn). Now add the onion and cook till translucent.
2) Once the onions are cooked add the spinach, salt, pepper and half a cup of water and cover the vessel and let it cook on medium flame for 10 mins.
3) After 10 mins check the spinach. If cooked switch off the gas. Take this spinach in a mixture jar and add 1 tbsp of cream and grind into fine paste.
4) Take this spinach paste in a pan. Check the salt and pepper if required add some more. Add the milk and some water to make it soup consistency. It should not be too thin nor to thick. Add the remaining cream and bring to boil. Keep the flame on medium all the time.
5) Serve the soup while hot. Garnish with cream/coriander/mint leaves.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/